By Brian Messenlehner, Jason Coleman
The authors use examples from their lately published SchoolPress app to provide an explanation for options and methods during the booklet. All code examples can be found on GitHub.
- examine WordPress with conventional app improvement frameworks
- Use subject matters for perspectives, and plugins for backend functionality
- Get feedback for selecting WordPress plugins—or construct your own
- deal with consumer bills and roles, and entry consumer data
- construct asynchronous behaviors on your app with jQuery
- enhance local apps for iOS and Android, utilizing wrappers
- include personal home page libraries, exterior APIs, and internet provider plugins
- acquire funds via ecommerce and club plugins
- Use suggestions to hurry up and scale your WordPress app
Read or Download Building Web Apps with WordPress PDF
Similar web development books
Create excessive constancy prototypes for advanced web pages and applications with the easy-to-learn and super-efficient vector functions of Illustrator and make the terror of purchaser alterations something of the prior. no matter if you’re a pro Photoshop veteran, a budding dressmaker, or a person who easily has a great eye and inventive imaginative and prescient, this e-book will assist you produce mockups and UI components in an artistic and effective manner.
Over 70 code examples to create vector photos and knowledge visualizations!
• Create outstanding vector pics and knowledge visualizations on your browser;
• upload animation and interactivity for your net applications;
• paintings with local SVGs to create complicated vector graphics;
• strengthen cross-browser vector snap shots solutions.
Raphaël is a phenomenal library that makes drawing vector pix within the browser ordinary. It boasts a good number of tools that facilitate drawing and animating photographs, permitting builders to create versatile, interactive net purposes and information visualizations.
Learning Raphaël JS Vector photos takes you from being an entire vector pictures amateur to an comprehensive vector snap shots developer. full of illustrations and code demos, this publication covers a big selection of innovations and takes you thru them via instance. The Raphaël library is roofed intimately and within the context of its real-world applicability.
This e-book seems on the strong vector pics drawing library, Raphaël, and the way you could put it to use to attract vector images and create interactive internet purposes with ease.
You will the best way to draw complicated vector photos and the way to rework, animate, and engage with them. we are going to additionally examine operating with current vector photographs so as to add an additional layer of complexity to our functions, and wind up by way of making a sequence of knowledge visualization demos. with a view to tips on how to create attractive, interactive photographs and knowledge visualizations, then this can be the publication for you.
Learning Raphaël JS Vector images is packed filled with illustrations and has over 70 demos to truly hammer domestic the thoughts covered.
What you'll examine from this book
• how to paintings with current SVGs to create advanced vectors;
• familiarize yourself with the best way to create complicated vector drawings utilizing paths;
• upload consumer interactivity in your applications;
• methods to follow adjustments to vector graphics;
• Create attractive animations to convey your vector drawings to life.
Who this ebook is written for
Internet clothier is the flagship book for overseas internet creatives, supplying professional project-based tutorials throughout sleek disciplines similar to HTML, CSS, jQuery, Flash, Photoshop, WordPress running a blog and cellular apps. obtainable to hobbyists and pros of all ability degrees, the content material is consistently proficient via business enterprise profiles, breaking tales and state-of-the-art traits.
- Ruby and MongoDB Web Development Beginner's Guide
- Professional WordPress
- jQuery UI
- Web Design Blueprints
Extra info for Building Web Apps with WordPress
Meta_key—A required string of the meta key name for the meta value you would like to store. • $meta_value—A required mixed value of an integer, string, array, or object. • $unique—An optional Boolean, which when set to true will make sure the meta key can only ever be added once for a given ID. WordPress Database Structure | 31 delete_user_meta($user_id, $meta_key, $meta_value = '') Deletes user metadata for a provided user ID and matching key. You can also specify a matching meta value if you only want to delete that value and not other metadata rows with the same meta key: • $user_id—A required integer of a user ID.
16 | Chapter 1: Building Web Apps with WordPress WordPress has built-in post types like posts and pages and built-in taxonomies like categories and tags. For SchoolPress, we are creat‐ ing our own CPTs and taxonomies. Details on creating custom post types and taxonomies can be found in Chapter 5. Submissions Are a (Sub)CPT for Assignments Students can post comments on an assignment, and they can also choose to post their official submission for the assignment through another form on the frontend.
WordPress Directory Structure Let’s take a quick top-level look at the folders and files that are included within a typical WordPress install. 21 Root Directory In the root directory, there are a few core WordPress files. php. You should never, ever, ever, ever1 alter any other core WordPress files. Hacking core is a bad idea because you won’t be able to upgrade WordPress when a new version becomes available without overriding your changes. The only directory you should need to interact with is wp-content because it contains your plugins, themes, and uploaded files.